Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Young and Yet So Wise

I got stuck driving the kids to kempo (a form of martial arts) last night, a duty that I have managed to shift to my DH for the last couple of weeks. I don't know what it is about a moving vehicle, but the kids tend to talk non-stop while we are driving. After much giggling from the back seat Katie asked me what "pregnack" was. Her and Christopher obviously thought it was a horribly dirty word. After I assured her that, no, it really was an okay word and all it means is that someone has a baby in her tummy, Katie told me that she wasn't going to ever have kids.

"How come?" I asked.

"Because they will just annoy me. And then I would have to spend all my money on kid's stuff instead of spending it on myself."

She has figured it out already.

A few minutes later a fight ensued about telling me a funny part of a movie that they had seen recently. Katie wanted to tell me while Christopher wanted me to wait and watch the movie. Katie eventually won the arguement when she reminded her brother that I wouldn't remember anyway.

"You're right," he said. "Because she does forget a lot."

When we got to kempo I had to hurry inside so I could write this all down. Because he is right, I do forget a lot.

I blame my kids for that.

No comments: