Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sigh...

It looks like we are back to the muddy paw prints again today. This is what I woke up to this morning...


Snow in April is just so depressing. Actually, I find snow at anytime to be depressing. I am just not a winter sort of person. So how the heck did I end up living in Canada?? With all the places in the world that my ancestors could have emigrated to, why the heck couldn't they have picked Florida?!

These are the socks that I was working on in our dreary March. I finally finished them up. Or almost anyway. I still have the toe to stitch shut on the second sock. While it is a lovely soft yarn (KnitPicks Pebble, which I don't think is available this year) I was finding the colours of it to be too reminiscent of my back yard. It was just too drab! So I set them aside to do something much more colourful.




And this is what I picked! Opal Zircus in colourway 2000. It doesn't get much cheerier than this! I have no idea what I will wear these socks with, but the yarn was just too cute to resist. The little flecks look like confetti on your sock. I am almost done these, but my knitting is taking a back seat to the row counter production right now. About the most I have gotten knit is a pair of socks that I use for my pictures that I post on Etsy. When I list a new counter I will include a picture of it on a project so people can get a better idea of how it works. I knit one on, and then I knit it off after the picture is taken. So that has been the extent of my knitting in the last while - one row for every row counter listed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Zircus yarn. It's so nice and cheery. Your row counters are really nice.