I know, I know - there is a reason why they call it the 7 Stages of Grief.
I finally Navajo plied the blue and purple BFL. I cursed and swore quite a bit at the beginning, but eventually got the hang of it. It turned out to be a little thicker than I thought it would,. However it should still be fine for socks. I thought it would bloom more when I washed it, but it stayed pretty much the same size. So it is probably somewhere in between a 4 ply and a 6 ply fingering yarn. I purposely over-spun it a little. It should be fine to knit as it is, though, since it isn't quite as twisty as I thought it would be. I am currently tackling another BFL and spinning the singles a bit finer and tighter. I also got the suggestion from my sister to pre-draft the heck out of it and that also seems to be helping with the breakage.
Now if only I could learn to twist my skeins neat and pretty.
I also got a pair of socks off the needles. This yarn was my birthday yarn from my daughter last March so it is about time I finished it up! It is Opal Uni Cotton 1977.
And I also really need to get myself some sock blockers!