Saturday, April 19, 2008

She Works Hard For the Money...

It's only 8:05 pm and I am dead tired. I should be full of energy since I now have had over 24 hours of peace and quiet. Dallas loaded up the kids and took them to his dad's to help him open the cottage which is 2 1/2 hours away. But Etsy is starting to control my life. It has been less than a week since I opened my shop and I am having trouble keeping up. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I never would have thought that my row counters would sell like they have. I finished three more up this morning and the first one sold before I had finished listing the second. The second one sold about 15 minutes later.

But now everything hurts. Sitting on your butt for that long is really a work out!

Etsy also seems to have a mind of it's own. As I was trying to list another counter this evening I kept getting an error message that the title contained illegal characters. Uh? What is all that about? The title was basically the same as all my other listings. Slowly it dawned on me. The illegal character was the name I had chosen - Cherry Pie. I continued on trying different combinations but the same error message kept appearing. In an act of desperation I retyped the exact same thing that I had entered the first time but this time Etsy let me continue on. Did Etsy hear me swearing at them?

So I need some help. I need a stash of creative names for my row counters. It can be something to do with a colour, a charm, or any other thing that is cute and catchy. At the end of the week I will send a row counter to the person who comes up with the one I like the best. So put on your thinking caps and on Sunday, April 27 I will post a winner.

edited on Sunday, April 20 to add:
I have fixed the comments page to allow anyone to post. Never realized that the default was to allow only registered users. Thanks for pointing that out, Elizabeth!

No comments: