Sunday, August 10, 2008

Will Work For Beverages?

One morning last week I asked Christopher that if he would take an envelope to the mail box before the 9am pick up I would give him a loonie ($1 in non-Canadianese). He had to think about it for a few minutes, but grudgingly agreed. As he was getting dresses he made me a counter offer - he would do it for iced tea instead.

Who was I to argue? It was 7 in the morning and I certainly didn't want to bike over to the mail box so I didn't stop to inform him that I thought he was making a really bad trade.

I finished another pair of socks! This yarn is Austermann Step #18 Vulkan. I normally don't really like such bold stipes, but I think these ones are pretty cool. It helps that the stripes don't jump from colour to colour, but blend together.

Working with the yarn was another matter, though. I found it to be rather splitty and had to keep one eye on what I was knitting all the time which kind of defeats the purpose of just knitting stockinette. I tried working on them while sitting ring side at a dog show and it was a good thing that my more-knitting-experienced sister was there with me when I realized that I had dropped a stitch about 10 rows back. I knit so tight that I had trouble pulling the stitch back up, but Susan was able to do it.

Kai was determined to "help" me take the picture. He kept sticking his nose between the slats of the lawn chair. But of course I couldn't actually get a picture of him doing that.

No comments: