Friday, July 25, 2008

Wahoo!

I actually finished a pair of socks! This is the first pair that I have completed since I started the Etsy shop. Way back in April I had 3 pairs of socks on the needles, but never found the time to knit. The irony hasn't escaped me. I have been so busy making knitting notions that my knitting basket has been sitting idle.
So here is Opal Zircus 2003. I actually completed them early last week and they have been sitting waiting for a picture since. There isnt a lot of incentive to do the finishing when it is the middle of summer. As far as I am concerned the best thing about hot weather is that there are less socks in the wash that need matching up before putting away.

I love blues of any shade and I can see these socks fast becoming a favourite.

On the Etsy front I am pretty excited. I finally found an on-line supplier of beads and charms that I like. I have been leery of ordering supplies when I am not able to actually see the product. It is too easy to make very expensive mistakes. But yesterday I placed a "test" order. Well, it turned out to be a rather large "test." Hopefully in a week or so I will be able to list some new counters. I ordered a bunch of knitting and spinning related charms that so many people have been requesting.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Nice socks... great color

sailorcross said...

Love these socks!! Hopefully, somdeday--when Miles grows up a little bit, I'll be able to complete a project like this!! My other kitty is 8 years old, and she could care less about yarn or anything--except sleeping and eating!!

Beth