Monday, January 19, 2009

First Spinning Project Complete!

My first yarn is all spun, washed and knit up! Into my very first hat, no less! It seems hard to believe, but I have never made a hat before. It was so quick and easy that it certainly won't be my last.
Katie kindly offered to model it for me. When she started to pose, though, I started to worry. My kids are pretty used to me sticking a camera in their face, but I thought I had them trained to ignore me. Katie the Diva is showing her true colours here.

6 comments:

Mouse said...

Hi, found you through comment train on Ravelry, great blog, love the yarn, hat and the model is so cute. :0)

Susan said...

The hat looks great! Very nicely spun for a first project too. Much more even than mine was.

As for my posing niece, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Aunt Kathy said...

I love the color of the hat, and what a great model you have too.

knitwych said...

NICE! Lovely hat, lovely model. :-) Congrats on your first spinning project and your first hat.

FiberJewels said...

Great job! I've yet to finish a knit project with yarn I've spun!

My Qi and Me said...

Dear oh dear... That's the most beautiful model I've ever seen. She is gorgeous and so is her hat!