Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentine's Momcation

I love my momcations.

My dh Dallas took the kids to visit Grandpa so the dogs and I got to stay at home in a quiet house for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong - I really love Grandpa, too. But I crave the peace (not to mention being able to keep the house clean for more than half an hour) just too much to pass up the opportunity. So I worked on the Etsy shop a bit, spun a bit, knit a bit, watched the Olympics a bit (kd lang singing Hallelujah made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up), but mostly did some fibre dyeing. It is hanging around all over the house right now drying.

I finished plying the superwash merino a little while ago...
I ended up going with a two-ply. It is very much a lace weight and I still don't know what I am going to do with it yet. There is LOTS of it.

I also tried my hand at dyeing and spinning silk for the first time. This is 50/50 merino silk.

It is so soft that it called out to be wrapped around my neck. So I am knitting it up into the Falling Water Lace Scarf by Bonnie Sennott, my first try at lace knitting also.

No comments: